Miguel Ángel Sotelo has been responsible for several national and international
projects (responsible at UAH) as well as industrial projects in the field of
intelligent transportation systems and robotics. Namely he has been
responsible of the following externally funded research projects:
- AutoDrive – Advancing fail-aware, fail-safe, and fail-operational
electronic components, systems, and architectures for fully automated
driving to make future mobility safer, affordable, and end-user acceptable.
2017-2020. European Commission. H2020-ECSEL Programme.
- BRAVE – BRidging gaps for the adoption of
Automated VEhicles. 2017-2020. European
Commission, H2020 Programme.
- ADVOCATE II – ADVanced Onboard diagnosis and Control of Autonomous sysTEms II. 2002-2005. European Commission, V
- Cybercars II – Cybernetic Cars for a New Transportation System in the
Cities. 2006-2008. European Commission, VI Framework Programme
(collaboration with CSIC).
- URBAN – Advanced
Systems for Enhanced Urban Mobility. 2014-2016. Spanish
Ministry of Economy.
- GUIADE – Automatic guidance of public transit vehicles
by multimodal perception for improved traffic efficiency. 2008-2011.
Financed by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation (MICINN).
- TRANSITO – Vehicle-Infrastructure local coordination system.
2008-2011. Financed by CICYT, Spain.
- ENVITE – Vehicle-Infrastructure cooperation and
communication for monitoring intersections and critical road sections. 2006-2009. Financed by the
Spanish Ministry of Development.
- MARTA – Advanced Mobility in Transport and Automotive
Networks. 2007-2010. CENIT
Project. Spanish Ministry of Industry.
- ISAAC – Sensorial Integration for Assisted Active Driving in Automotive
Applications. 2002-2005. Financed by CICYT, Spain.
- ISAFAT –
Intelligent Computer Vision Tools for Safe Driving in Automotive
Applications. 2002-2005. Financed by the Spanish Ministry of
- TRASIG – Traffic signs recognition by means of vision.
2002. Financed by the University of Alcalá.
- SIMAN –
Multiple Blind-spot vehicle detection for road safety applications.
2005-2008. Financed by CICYT. Spain.
- VEGLOPOS – Vehicle
Global positioning enhancement using visual odometry. 2007. Financed by
the Regional Government of Madrid.
- ACI – International Cooperation with China and Australia for the
development of Intelligent Transportation Systems. 2005-2008. International Complementary Action. Financed by
the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science.
- GUIA-EX – GUIA-EX Network. 2003-2004. Financed by MCyT.
II – GUIA-EX II
Network. 2005-2006. Financed by MCyT.
- RECIS – RECIS Network. M. A. Sotelo, 2005. Financed
by the Spanish Ministry of Industry.
- ADVSA – Especial Action I for ADVOCATE II Project. 2004. Financed by MCyT. Spain.
- IV12-Complementary Action – 2012. Financed by Ministry of Economy.
- SEGVAUTO – 2014 – 2018. Financed by Regional Government of Madrid. Spain.
- PedProtect – Stereo-vision system for anticipated pedestrian detection in pre-crash
safety systems. Part I. 2004. Company: National Institute of Aeronautic
- PedProtect - II – Stereo-vision system for anticipated pedestrian detection in
pre-crash safety systems. Part II. 2005. Company: National Institute of
Aeronautic Techniques (INTA).
- Adaptive Light Control. 2006. Company: IEE (International Electronics
& Engineering) S. A.
- LDWS – Lane departure warning system. 2006-2007. Company: Ficosa International.
- Democar – Demonstration Car equipped with ADAS. (January-December) 2007.
Company: Ficosa International.
- VISUALISE –
Automatic inspection system for traffic and overhead signs – Part I.
(March-September) 2007. Company: Euroconsult.
- PedDiag – Pedestrian detection and Diagnosis Functions. (January-December) 2008. Company:
- NightADAS – Advanced Driver Assistance Systems: driver drowsiness
detection, occupants monitoring and nightly pedestrian detection running
on a demo-car. 2009. Company: Ficosa International.
- NightADAS - II –
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems: nightly pedestrian detection, perimetral vision and driver drowsiness detection
functions running on a demo-car. 2010.
Company: Ficosa International.
- VISUALISE - II – Automatic inspection system for traffic and
overhead signs - Part II. (October 2007 – February 2008). Company:
- VISUALISE - III – Automatic inspection system for traffic and
overhead signs – Exploitation Phase. (February 2008 – February 2009).
- VISUALISE - IV – Visual Inspection of Signs and Panels.
(February 2009 – February 2010). Company: Euroconsult.
- ConsTraf – Consultancy on traffic signs measurements. Part I. 2008.
Company: 3M Spain.
- ConsTraf - II –
Consultancy on traffic signs measurements. Part II. 2008. Company: 3M
- Rockie – Road Crack detection and analysis. Part I.
2008-2009. Company: AEPO.
- Rockie - II – Road
Crack detection and analysis. Part II. 2009-2010. Company: AEPO.
- Rockie - III – Road
Crack detection and analysis. Part III. 2010-2011. Company: ACCIONA ING.
- SmartCross – Intelligent management of pedestrian
crossings. 2011. Company: CI3.
- SIRO – Design and construction of the mobile robot
for sew inspection. 2003. Company: Cleaning and maintenance of sew
- City2020 – 2012-2014. Company: Ferrovial.
- Emérita – Efficient Energy Management of Geothermic
Building. 2014. Company: CI3.
- SmartCross – Intelligent Management of Pedestrian
Crossings. 2014. Company: CI3.
- FreeFlow – Intelligent Traffic Monitoring in Free-flow
mode. 2014 - 2015. Company: 3M.